- What health issues were you struggling with when you began to work with Dr. Angela?
I had just gotten diagnosed with Graves’ disease, and I also just had an open surgery to remove a benign tumor the size of a cantaloupe, as well as one of my ovaries. My symptoms were fatigue, racing heart, high blood pressure, hand tremors, excessive sweating, and more!
2. What treatment methods had you tried prior to Dr. Angela’s program?
I had just started on an anti-thyroid drug after seeing an endocrinologist.
3. What health benefits did you gain from working with Dr. Angela?
I feel like a completely different person than I did before starting this program. I feel so much better when I ate real whole foods compared to processed foods I was eating before. (Also, got pregnant of first try even when the medical doctors told me it would be a problem for us. ;) )
4. What did you find most beneficial to you in the program?
Dr. Angela does a really good job of educating her patients. It’s easier for me to follow through with something when I know the “why” and not just instructed to do it.
5. What was your biggest struggle during the transition to a healthier lifestyle?
Wanting to have cheat meals!!
6. Did you food options taste good?
Yes! There are so many good meals we could make and most were more satisfying than our previous meals.
7. Did you have an ah-ha moment that helped you commit to the change? If so, what was it?
I know that if I didn’t try this, I would have to most likely have my thyroid removed or destroyed, and I did not want to have to do that.
8. If you were going to give a piece of advice to someone on the fence of following a program like Dr. Angela’s, what would you say to them in order to help them decide?
Anything is worth a try, especially before taking medications with harmful side effects, or having a definitive surgery. Dr. Angela really cares about her patients and devotes everything to help them heal naturally. I would recommend her to anyone!
Dr. Angela side comments:
Graves’ disease is a very serious condition, and this patient speaks about food and natural healing, but there were also components of medications and supplementation that played a role, too. These patient journeys are for me to help anyone trying to make decisions about their health get answers to the questions from a patient perspective. I have every patient do this voluntarily, and I do not alter any of their words. I couldn’t be more honored to be a part of this person’s health journey, and wish her all the abundance moving into motherhood!