This was a salad brought to the last book club meeting and the minute I ate some, I knew I had to have the recipe! If you like cold salads, this is right up your alley!
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups shaved Brussels sprouts
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 3 ripe, fresh Avocados, seeded, peeled and diced in ½ pieces
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1. Combine all ingredients for vinaigrette in a small glass jar. Cover tightly and shake well.
2. Place one half of the vinaigrette in a large bowl. Place diced avocado in bowl with vinaigrette and gently stir to coat. This will keep your avocados beautiful and fresh looking.
3. Add remaining ingredients except sesame seeds to bowl with avocados. Toss gently. Drizzle with a bit more dressing and toss again.
Trim the hard root end from all of the Brussels sprouts and remove any bruised outer leaves. Slice and then chop.
Sprinkle sesame seeds on right before serving. Instead of sesame seeds you could substitute toasted pumpkin seeds or walnuts.