This is the same awesome cookie from my previous blog with a couple little tweaks. My mom and I were trying our best to replicate the traditional log version we had every Christmas. She verified that the dough is pretty much the same…which is bad news for us because they were a pain in the you-know-what to roll up! So, simplify. Make a regular cookie and forget about the log! These are one of my favorite cookies!
Paleo “Peanut butter” chocolate chip cookies
- 1/2 cup grassfed butter, room temp
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (Meijer actually has this!)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp real salt
- 1/2 package of dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix everything together except the chocolate chips. Then mix in the chocolate chips. Bake for 8-10 minutes until slightly golden on the edges.
1. Make a double batch, you can thank me later (and you can freeze them for later!)
2. The dough is slightly sticky so just plop it on the cookie sheet; no need to make balls.
3. You could probably use coconut oil instead of butter but I can not tell you how it will taste or turn out because I used BUTTER.
4. I did not try using a non-granulated sugar. If you do, let me know it goes! I was trying my best to mimic a recipe that used granulated sugar in the original.
5. The original recipe called for the dough to be chilled; however, I am impatient. Chilling it would make it easier to handle.
6. If you use sweetened sunbutter, then reduce the amount of coconut sugar you use or they will be too sweet!