- What health issues were you struggling with when you began to work with Dr. Angela?
I had food sensitivities like getting a headache within minutes after eating something sweet. If I ate a mainly pasta meal, I would go into what I call a “Food Coma.” This felt like I had been majorly drugged with plummeting energy levels and brain fog. This would last about 15-20 minutes and my heartbeat would pound really hard. After 20 minutes I would start to come out of it and about 20 minutes later feel completely normal, but sometimes I would have like a numb tingling all over my body for about a half hour afterwards. I also would get terrible hemorrhoids. My digestion was an issue. Some foods I wouldn’t digest at all. My energy levels were way down and it was awful to get up in the morning. I would have to drink an energy drink just to get through the morning. I was also slowly gaining weight. And I had Eczema which is a horrible itchy skin problem. If I didn’t put on my medicated steroid prescription cream for a week my skin would start breaking out. Felt like someone was stabbing me from the inside of my skin, and the only thing that provided even a minute of relief was to scratch and scratch to the point of ripping my skin open. I had Cystic Acne around my neck and ears and had Psoriasis on my scalp from time to time.
- What treatment methods had you tried prior to Dr. Angela’s program? When I was a kid a dermatologist prescribed a steroid cream to control my skin problem and it worked as long as I kept putting it on. I had also learned a few principles of healthy eating and was taking vitamins and fish oil but nothing really worked that great.
- What health benefits did you gain from working with Dr. Angela?
My Eczema is gone!!! My energy levels are up, and I lost 20-25 pounds with very little exercise. I am not bloated anymore. Didn’t realize I was continuously bloated until about 3 weeks into the program when the bloating left. My physical stamina has gone up and I can run farther and longer than I ever have in my life without getting side aches. I am a professional juggler, and it used to take about an hour of practice to warm up before a show, now I only need about 10-20 minutes tops.
4. What was your biggest struggle during the transition to a healthier lifestyle? Friends and family who didn’t believe this program would help me. But as long as I had support from Dr. A who promised to stick with me for a full year and answer any questions I had through text messages, then it didn’t matter what my friends and family said.
5. What did you find most beneficial to you in the program?
The scientific physiological explanations as to why my body is doing what it is doing like leaky gut syndrome, and how that leads to an autoimmune response. Also understanding how stress and not enough sleep plays a huge big role in physical health breakdown. Understanding “WHY?” is what most helped me get onto the path of healing. The documentaries and books where helpful to fill in the gaps of the food industry.
6. Did your food options taste good? Yes!! Very much so. I eat waaaayyyy better tasting food now then I used too!
7. Did you have an ah-ha moment that helped you commit to the change? If so, what was it? Yes 2 of them. When Dr. A explained why the steroid cream worked to control my Eczema, and what it was doing in my body I was so upset that I was literally in tears the next day because of the realization of how I had been unknowingly abusing my body!! 2. After I cut out processed sugar and then later restricted the amount of fruit I was eating and then cut out fruit all together for a little while, I was astounded at how the excess weight just fell off.
8. If you were going to give a piece of advice to someone on the fence of following a program like Dr. Angela’s, what would you say to them in order to help them decide? If you are skeptical about Angela’s program I understand and totally relate. It took me a long time to think it over and decide to do it. There is a lot of medical quackery in the natural health world and lots of people in it who don’t know what they are talking about. After taking Dr. A’s program I was able to see that I had learned a distorted version of the truth in the past when I first started studying natural health. A has first hand experience helping many people overcome physical conditions. She has all of the training any medical doctor has as well as an understanding of how the body works and how nutrition affects all parts of the body. She doesn’t treat symptoms like my family doctor did to me. She treats the underlying causes and takes time to get to understand you and your situation and your needs so that she can give you the care you need. When you talk to Dr. A, you’re not talking to an uneducated inexperienced novice. With all of that said, it can be scary to make changes. Food can be emotional for some people. But I want to encourage you that it’s worth it!! Dr. A gave me a quality of life I will enjoy the rest of my life.